Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My First Medal: International Penang Bridge Run 2000

This is my very first finisher medal. I really had to really sweat it out for this one. One of the prettier and the BIGGEST medal in my collection. It measures 7.7cm in diameter. Marked the 15th Anniversary of the run.

I still remember the scorching sun on the bridge (yup the start time was late, around 6:00am), the excitement of crossing the finish line and receiving my first medal.

I am now in the process of photographing and documenting all the finisher medals I have accumulated over the 9 years of running. They are not a lot but each of them has a story to tell.

Do come back if you want to hear my medal stories.

Note: I will be doing half marathon event in the The Penang Bridge International Marathon 2009, hoping to add one more Penang medal to my collection. Wish me luck!

No comments: